Of the millions of different insects in the world, few creep people out more than the common household cockroach. Every year, Americans spend nearly $2 million on roach removal alone. Cockroaches are known to be carriers of disease and are second only to dust as the biggest cause of indoor allergies in America. If you are dealing with an infestation of cockroaches in your Orlando home, then here are some strategies you can try to get rid of them.
Common Types of Roaches in Orlando
The most commonly found cockroaches in the Central Florida area are the German cockroach and the American cockroach. German cockroaches are generally found in kitchens and bathrooms and are smaller than their American counterparts. However, both are very resilient, which can make them difficult to get rid of.
2 Ways to Deter Roaches
To keep cockroaches from entering your Orlando home, you can:
- Clean your house regularly. Roaches love to feast on crumbs and leftovers, especially anything greasy. Wipe down countertops and your stove each evening before going to bed, and sweep up crumbs right away. Cover and put away leftovers after meals, and don’t let trash cans overflow.
- Seal entry points. Inspect your home interior for cracks that would allow roaches to enter your pantry, easily access kitchen cabinets, and contaminate your food supply. Seal them with caulk.
All-Natural Roach Removal Strategies
If you find yourself dealing with roaches in your home, some natural ways to get rid of them and keep them away include:
- Sugar and baking soda – Simply mixing together equal parts sugar and baking soda and sprinkling it where you’ve seen roach activity makes for a great way to poison roaches in your home.
- Bay leaves – Keep roaches away by placing bay leaves near where they nest. Cockroaches and other insects despise the smell and will stay far away.
- Water jar trap – If exterminating roaches doesn’t interest you, building your own trap is easy. Simply fill a glass jar halfway with water and place it on the floor where you have a roach problem. They will be attracted to the moisture, climb into the jar, and be unable to escape.
Effective Roach Control Methods
Once a few roaches make their way into your home, an infestation can quickly grow. Rather than wasting your money and time on ineffective sprays or all-natural remedies, the best, fastest, and most permanent way to get rid of cockroaches is to call the expert pest control specialists at Critter Control® of Orlando.
Professional Roach Control in Orlando
If your Orlando property has a roach infestation, rely on the professionals at Critter Control® of Orlando. Our licensed and trained technicians use effective, non-toxic, and eco-friendly roach control methods to remove the infestation from your home. We will also take the proper steps to clean and decontaminate your property following an infestation and install safeguards to ensure roaches don’t return.
For more information or to schedule an inspection and receive a free estimate for our expert cockroach control services, give Critter Control® of Orlando a call today at 407-295-7194.