Are there scurrying, squeaking, or scratching noises happening above your head that’s keeping you up at night? If so, you may have unwanted houseguests living in your attic. To ensure you and your family are protected, we recommend letting the experts at Critter Control® of Orlando remove the mice from your home.
Damage Mice Cause
Mice love the warmth and shelter your attic provides and can easily gain access inside through ventilation ducts, gaps in siding, pipes, and chimneys. Some of the destruction the tiny little rodents cause include:
- Tearing and shredding attic insulation, causing electric bills to increase
- Leaving droppings and urine all over, creating stains and an awful smell
- Chewing through wires, increasing the risk of electrical fires
- Gnawing on wooden structures and pipes
- Damaging any items being stored in your attic
- Contaminating both human and pet food
Having an infestation of mice in your home can put your family’s health and well-being at risk. Because mice constantly urinate and defecate everywhere they go, they contaminate any surface they come in contact with. The disease and bacteria some mice carry in their fur and paws are easily tracked across countertops, utensils, and appliances.
Some of the health hazards commonly associated with mice are:
- Allergies and Asthma
- Lyme Disease
Protect Your Home
Although mice are extremely adaptive and persistent pests, there are things you can do inside and around your property to help deter them from invading your home.
- Store food in glass or metal containers
- Clean spilled food and cooking grease in the kitchen regularly
- Do not leave pet food sitting out overnight uncovered
- Fix and repair any water leaks
- Remove bird feeders from your yard
- Clear vegetation, wood piles, storage areas, and clutter near your home’s foundation
- Trim back vines, shrubs, and tree branches
- Inspect and maintain your home’s exterior frequently
If you’ve detected signs of mice living in your attic, let the professionals at Critter Control® of Orlando help you solve your rodent problem. We will safely and humanely remove the mice, clean up any messes, and repair any damage the pests have left behind. We offer prevention services to ensure wildlife stays out of your home as well as attic insulation and restoration services to return your attic to its original state. For more information or to schedule your free home consultation, call us today at 407.295.7194.