You may not realize it, but it is completely possible to develop a cockroach allergy. As if dealing with cockroaches in your home isn’t enough of a disturbing nuisance, the repulsive pests can trigger asthma and other severe allergic reactions with their saliva, feces, and shedding of their body parts. While there are several different cockroach species in Central Florida, there are, fortunately, just as many ways to prevent them from entering your property and keep your development of a cockroach allergy to a minimum.
6 Common Cockroaches in Orlando
The seven cockroaches are commonly known to infest Orlando area properties include:
- American roaches
- Brown-banded roaches
- German roaches
- Oriental roaches
- Smoky brown roaches
- Wood roaches
How to Prevent a Cockroach Infestation
Dealing with nuisance cockroaches in your home can be tough when their size allows them to fit through small cracks and holes. Here are a couple of tips to prevent cockroaches from infesting your home:
- Keep food containers and trash sealed with a tight lid.
- Maintain a clean home. Make sure to sweep and vacuum the floors. Wipe down the counters and table from any crumble or spill. And clean all dishes immediately.
- Fix any water leaks. Cockroaches commonly get into homes through drainage pipes and often spend time near water to prevent dehydration.
Orlando’s Cockroach Removal Experts
While implementing the above practices can help prevent cockroaches from infesting your home, it may not get rid of them all if your pest problem is serious. Instead of wasting time and money on DIY cockroach removal methods, rely on the pest control professionals at Critter Control® of Orlando. Our team of experts will safely and effectively remove nuisance roaches in your home with our four-step, environmentally friendly, and non-toxic pest control methods.
- First, our licensed technician will inspect your property to assess the infestation size.
- Next, we will isolate and eliminate all cockroaches and their habitats using non-invasive means.
- Then, we will seal all entry points, vacuum up insect trails, and decontaminate your property.
- Our last step is implementing a treatment plan to prevent pest reproduction and future infestations.
Say Goodbye to Your Cockroach Allergy Problems with Critter Control® of Orlando
When you rely on the experienced and highly trained roach removal experts at Critter Control® of Orlando, you won’t have to deal with cockroach allergies anymore. To schedule your inspection and receive a free estimate for our safe and effective roach removal services, call us today at 407-295-7194.