Ants are regarded as one of the most disciplined creatures on the planet. Although they live short lives, ants have an admirable work ethic and will do everything in their power to search out food to bring back to their colony. If you discover ants marching around your home, then getting rid of them should be a priority because ants are also regarded as one of the most difficult species to control once they have invaded a residential or commercial property.
To effectively rid your home of an ant invasion, you must first know what kind of ant species you are dealing with.
7 Common Types of Ants in Central Florida
Ants thrive in damp atmospheres, so they are a predominant pest in the Central Florida area due to its heavy downpours and regularly moist climate. In fact, there are over 700 ant species in the U.S, with seven of them common to the Orlando area, including:
- Acrobat ants
- Argentine ants
- Carpenter ants
- Fire ants
- Pharaoh ants
- Odorous ants
- Pavement ants
Once you have identified what kind of ants have invaded your home, then you can proceed with these 5 tips for getting rid of them.
5 Ways to Get Rid of Ants in Your Home
- Keep a clean space – Ants are foragers and are drawn to any crumbs, leftovers, or sugary food remnants. Keeping a clean space will give them one less reason to stick around.
- Caulk exterior cracks – Try caulking any exterior access points or cracks that can allow moisture or ants to creep through.
- Seal other openings around your house – Ants can also access your home through window sills and floorboards. Sealing these openings will ensure they do not enter your home.
- Locate the colony – If you want to get to the root of a problem, you must find the source. Locating and fumigating the ant colony should prevent the continued line of ants going into your home. However, depending on the species of ants, DIY methods may not resolve the problem entirely.
- Call the professionals – Ants are hard to kill and will infest a home rapidly. Your best option to get rid of them is to call the experienced ant removal technicians at Critter Control® of Orlando. We will properly identify what kind of ant colony is infesting your property and take the necessary steps to ensure it is eliminated.
Safe, Effective, and Reliable Ant Control Services
From the sugar to the shower, ants can end up anywhere and everywhere throughout your home. If you have an ant problem, seek professional help to make sure your problem is permanently resolved. To schedule your inspection and receive a free estimate for our safe and non-toxic ant removal services, call Critter Control® of Orlando today at 407-295-7194.