Of all the pests that can infest your Orlando property, hornets can seem like the most frightening because of their tendency to become aggressive if threatened and leave a painful sting. Therefore, if you find a hornet’s nest on your Central Florida residential or commercial property, do not engage with it. Instead, contact the pest control professionals at Critter Control® of Orlando to eliminate the threat of hornets with their safe and effective hornet removal services.
Common Types of Hornets in Orlando
There are two types of hornets that are common to the Orlando area:
- Bald-faced hornets – Also known as yellow jackets, these hornets are black-and-white and can reach 3/8 inch long. Their nests are football-shaped and typically found in trees or on buildings.
- European hornets – A true hornet with yellow, amber, and brown markings, European hornets typically grow to be more than ½ inch long. Their nests tend to be smaller and located in voids.
The Signs of a Hornet Infestation
The most obvious sign of hornets is lots of buzzing activity in a certain area of your property. Check shrubs and tree limbs in your backyard and scan your roof soffits, gutters, and awnings for hornet nests.
While you may be tempted to knock down a nest yourself, do not attempt DIY hornet removal. Doing so could cause a swarm and lead to stings and long-term health issues.
The Dangers of Hornets
The biggest danger of a hornet infestation is the risk of being stung. Hornets are not typically aggressive, but they will attack if they are provoked. A hornet sting can result in anything from a painful sensation and swelling to a severe allergic reaction.
Fortunately, hornets do not pose a huge risk to property damage since they generally make their nests in trees. However, nests can hide in voids and not be immediately seen. This could allow the nests to hold anywhere from 400-600 hornets. To prevent yourself from accidentally disturbing a nest and provoking an attack, rely on expert hornet removal services as soon as you spot a hornet nest on your Orlando property.
Effective Hornet Removal Services in Orlando
The sooner you recognize a hornet infestation and contact professionals, the easier it will be to eliminate it. The licensed and trained experts at Critter Control® of Orlando use non-toxic and eco-friendly methods to remove hornets safely from Central Florida properties and keep them from returning.
Our four-step hornet removal process includes:
- Property inspection to determine the extent of the infestation
- Isolating pests and strategizing removal
- Employing safe and effective hornet removal services to eliminate infestation
- Removing nest and cleaning and repairing an area of infestation
To schedule your inspection and receive a free estimate for our hornet removal services, call Critter Control® of Orlando today at 407-295-7194.