Squirrels are clever critters that seem to find their way into residential homes no matter what homeowners do to keep them out. While there are several store-bought and home remedy options that promise to effectively repel squirrels, do they actually work? Here are some of the pros and cons of squirrel repellents and a way you can permanently get rid of nuisance squirrels.
Common Types of Squirrel Repellents
Most squirrel repellents come in one of several forms:
- Spray bottle squirrel repellent
- Pellet squirrel repellent
- Ultrasonic device squirrel repellent
- Aromatic plants and scents that squirrels dislike include cinnamon, garlic, rosemary, peppermint oil, white vinegar, coffee grounds, and dryer sheets.
The Pros of Squirrel Repellent
There are many reasons people opt for squirrel repellents, but the main reason is their ease of use. With squirrel repellents, you can basically set it and forget it. Squirrel repellents are also affordable, as a large bottle of spray repellent costs a bit less than a single trap. Beyond price and usability, the use of humane ingredients in the above squirrel repellents is often a big selling point for homeowners.
The Cons of Squirrel Repellent
While squirrel repellents may be the cheaper option, they are not an effective way to remove squirrels that have already nested in your home. Additional drawbacks of squirrel repellents include:
- Squirrel repellents must be strategically placed. Unless you understand how to search for and identify squirrel nests and entry points, you won’t get the most out of your squirrel repellent.
- Squirrel repellents may inadvertently repel other wanted animals, including pets such as cats and dogs.
- Squirrel repellents don’t always work. If you have a large property, a single spray bottle or jar of pellets probably won’t get you far, so you may spend hundreds of dollars investing in a full arsenal of squirrel repellents without solving the problem.
Instead of waiting around in the hope that your squirrel repellents will eventually work, rely on the squirrel removal professionals at Critter Control® of Orlando to safely and humanely capture and remove nuisance squirrels from your property.
Professional Squirrel Removal Services in Orlando
If you have squirrels in your home, don’t leave the job to an ineffective repellent — call a wildlife removal professional. When it comes to squirrel prevention and control, the experts at Critter Control® of Orlando are the best around. We’ll use non-toxic and humane techniques and equipment to remove the squirrels and make sure they don’t return.
To schedule your inspection and receive a free estimate for our fast and efficient squirrel removal services, call Critter Control® of Orlando today at 407-295-7194.