An inconvenient part of life for many folks living in the Orlando area, rats have become all too common in our homes and businesses as they seek shelter and a place to nest for raising their young. Rats are able to sneak through even the smallest opening in a wall or roof, and even a small infestation can grow out of control before you know it, resulting in expensive damage to your home and serious health risks for you and your family.
Learn how Critter Control of Orlando can help with any of the following rat issues:
What Kind of Damage Can Rats Cause
Though small in size, rats bring with them the potential for damage that should not be underestimated. When inside your home, these critters leave droppings and waste everywhere they go, putting your family at risk for contracting potentially lethal diseases like Hantavirus of Leptospirosis. Additionally, rats have been known to cause the following damage to homes:
- Gnawing through wires and pipes, leading to floods or risk of fire
- Damaging your ceiling, walls, and isolation as their feces and urine soak in
- Using attic and wall insulation as nesting material, driving your heating and cooling costs up
Because of the health risks associated with coming in contact with rats, we never recommend attempting to remove them on your own. DIY traps are only marginally effective and can be dangerous for children or pets. If you suspect that you have a rat infestation on your hands, hiring a professional removal service like Critter Control® of Orlando is your best option.
Rats in the Attic
Your attic provides a safe, comfortable environment that rats won’t hesitate to enter if they get the chance. Once they find a way inside your attic, rats won’t leave on their own — especially if they can easily access food and water. These critters will squeeze through even the tiniest openings and go unnoticed for a long time, which is why you might not discover rats in the attic until you’ve got a massive infestation. Whether you hear rustling and squeaking noises or see bite-marks and droppings, the Critter Control® of Orlando team is here to help at the first sign of rats.
Removing Rats From the Attic
The longer rats are allowed to stay in your home, the more likely you are to experience issues like:
- Exposure to harmful diseases, such as rat-bite fever and leptospirosis
- Irritating noises that keep your family up at night
- Damage to the ceiling below your attic due to urine and feces permeation
- Destruction of stored goods and personal belongings kept in the attic
- Frayed wiring from rats’ constant chewing, resulting in a fire hazard
- Damage to your attic insulation and increased energy bills
Have rats turned your attic into their personal habitat? Trust the wildlife experts at Critter Control® of Orlando to get your rat problem under control. Experienced in all areas of animal removal, our trained and certified professionals are able to get the job done the right way, the first time.
Our Four-Step Method to Tackle Rats in the Attic
Working with wildlife for over three decades, we’ve been able to perfect our removal and exclusion process, which helps ensure that the rodents are removed as efficiently as possible and are not allowed to return. Here is what you can expect when you choose your local Critter Control® team to help handle rats in the attic in Orlando:
- Inspection: When you schedule a home consultation, we will dispatch a wildlife expert to find the source and severity of the issue.
- Removal: Following an adequate examination, we’ll work with you to come up with a removal strategy that works to exclude these critters according to your specific needs.
- Restoration: After safely removing rats, we’ll restore any of the damage they may have left behind, including scratches, tears, and contamination to your attic insulation.
- Exclusion: Once your home is back to normal, we’ll seal up potential entry points like holes and cracks to ensure that rats won’t be able to come back.
The Professional Approach to Rats in the Attic
Rats are capable of living in almost any environment, and the comfort of your attic is enticing to them. Once they settle in, these critters will waste no time making nests and wreaking havoc on your home. These critters will scratch and tear through insulation, causing serious damage to your HVAC unit. They are also known to chew through and destroy wiring, causing electrical problems and potential fire hazards.
Rats, like mice, are carriers of many diseases that can affect humans and pets. Due to the risk of a bite, scratch, and infection, you should never attempt to remove them on your own. DIY traps are largely ineffective and do nothing to address the actual cause of your situation. Ultimately, if you live in Orlando, rats in the attic can be a costly and dangerous problem to conquer alone. To keep your home and family safe for years to come, choose Critter Control® of Orlando for a personalized solution. We’ll work with you to create a strategy that gets to the root of your rat issue and removes them for good. Call us at 407-295-7194 for help removing rat from your attic.
Having rats in your home is a serious problem. Although you may simply think of them as a pest or nuisance, they carry bacteria and diseases that can pose a real threat to you and your family. That’s why it is important to know the signs of a rat infestation so you can stop it before it grows out of control.
4 Signals You Have Rat Problem
Although they often like to find a nice secluded spot to hide once they’re inside, a rat entrance point can be quite obvious. They’re also quite messy when it comes to their living space. Check these signs to determine whether or not you have a rat infestation:
- Urine and droppings found in the attic
- Large, rough bite marks on floorboards and walls
- Streaks of dirt on walls and floor
- Small trampled paths in the grass and other small vegetation
6 Rat Dangers Requiring Rat Control
Rats are annoying, but more importantly, they’re dirty. When rats find their way into your home, especially into your kitchen or pantry, there is a risk of them transmitting diseases to you. Some of the most common diseases carried by rats include:
- Colorado Tick Fever
- Rat-bite Fever
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
Diseases can be transmitted by bites, ticks, and fleas, and contamination of food or water That’s why it’s of utmost importance to get rats out of your home as soon as possible.
Let Us Help You With Rat Control
With over 30 years of experience, you can trust Critter Control® of Orlando to get the job done right the first time. For any questions about our rat removal services or to schedule a home consultation, call us today at 407-295-7194.
Finding rats in your home or office is nothing less than stressful. Luckily, you’re not alone as rat infestation issues are on the rise not only in Orlando but in the entire country. If you’ve noticed droppings or other signs of rat activity in your home, don’t panic. The rat exterminators here at Critter Control® of Orlando are here to help. Our goal is to work with you to create a custom-tailored plan that works for your specific needs.
Relocate or Exterminate?
Critter Control® of Orlando utilizes a four-step process to efficiently remove nuisance rats from your home or office:
- Inspect – We begin by inspecting your building to determine the location and severity of the infestation.
- Remove – After building a custom removal plan, we use cutting-edge methods to remove the offending rats.
- Repair – Once the threat has been removed, our specialists clean or repair any damages that the rats may have caused.
- Exclude – Our final step is to seal off any entry points around your building to prevent future issues.
While we strive to remove rats in a humane way, sometimes extermination is a better option than relocation because of how quickly they breed. If we find that your infestation is too severe to relocate, extermination may be the best course of action. Our Eco-Wise pest management program is a great way to keep your home or office rodent-free in the future, while also being kind to our environment! Critter Control of Orlando can you get rid of your rat problem, call us at 407-295-7194.
At Critter Control® of Orlando, rat infestations are one of the most common issues we handle but also happens to be one of the trickiest to deal with. The key to stopping rat infestations before they grow out of control is early detection, and here are some of the warning signs to look for that may indicate a rat problem in your home or office:
- Torn or soiled insulation
- Small, foreign-looking droppings around your building, especially in corners or along walls
- Scurrying, or the pitter-patter of footsteps from inside your walls or ceiling
- Small holes in walls or roofs that lead to the attic
The Critter Control® Way
If rats have found their way into your home or office, don’t fret. The rat removal experts at Critter Control® have developed a 4-step process to rid you of your rat problems.
- Inspect – The first step is to determine the severity of your problem. Our technicians will inspect your home or office for entry points, then work with you to create a plan that works for your needs and budget
- Remove – Next, we utilize our wide range of removal techniques to rid your building of every last rat in the most humane, effective way possible.
- Repair – Once your infestation has been handled, our technicians are able to clean up and repair any damage or messes left over. We strive to have your home looking better-than-new when we’re through.
- Exclude – Finally, we seal up and repair any entrance points the rats may have used, to ensure that you don’t have to worry about a repeat incident in the future.
Call us today at 407-295-7194 to help you take care of your rat infestation.
Florida is a state rich in culture and heritage and is filled with gorgeous historical buildings. And while it’s the buildings that give it much of its signature feel and atmosphere, their age makes them somewhat more susceptible to a rat infestation. Whether you’re in your home or business, looking for the early signs of a rat infestation is essential to prevent an issue from getting out of hand. Strange thumping or scratching coming from your walls or ceiling, foul odors, or rat droppings may indicate a problem. Rat removal is a job best left to the professionals, so allow the experts at Critter Control® to solve your rat issues.
The Critter Control® Difference
Critter Control® utilizes an exclusive 4 step process to remove the offending rats and prevent them from returning in the future.
- Inspect – When you call us, we dispatch a highly trained animal removal expert to your home or business to inspect for entry points and to determine the severity of your infestation. From there, we work with you to create a removal plan that suits your needs and budget.
- Remove – The next step is to rid your home or business of your rat problem. We utilize a wide range of cutting edge removal techniques to suit any situation, and we always put your safety first.
- Repair – Our technicians are more than just animal removal experts, they’re also trained in clean-up and repair techniques. Once the offending rats have been removed, we clean up and repair any damage so it seems like nothing ever happened.
- Exclude – The final step in our process is to ensure that rats never return to your home or business. We seal off entry points and repair cracks or holes in walls to ensure that rats never become an issue in the future.
For rat removal services, call us today at 407-295-7194.
Though you may not physically see the rats inside of your home, there are multiple signs that point to a possible rodent infestation. Scampering or scratching noises as well as droppings, urine, rub/gnaw marks, or nests, are all good indicators that you could have rat problems.
During the fall and winter months, rats gnaw their way through weak access points in search of shelter and warmth. However, if your home provides adequate food and water, they will continue to live indoors where they will begin multiplying, creating an overwhelming infestation.
The most common rat found in Orlando is the Roof rat. Outdoors, they nest above ground in vines, trees, and woodpiles, but enter buildings and settle inside of attics, chimneys, and walls. Females give birth to 4-6 litters per year, with an average of 6-8 young per litter. Within two months, the rats are sexually mature and can begin the gestation cycle over again.
Rat Removal Solutions
Because of the damage rats cause, homeowners are always eager to get them out, and with good reason! Most of the time, residents will go to a nearby store and pick up a quick and easy solution to solve their rodent problems. However, without addressing the root of the problem, the rats will keep getting inside no matter how many traps you set.
3 Common Types of Rat Traps
- Snap Traps – Relatively inexpensive, and will kill a rat instantly; this is the preferred trapping method. With snap traps, you get better results, and it’s also easier to locate them to dispose of the bodies.
- Glue Traps – These are not a good option because they need to be in a dry and dust-free area to work correctly. They are also inhumane and cause the rat to suffer a slow death since they do not work immediately.
- Live Traps – While many animals can be caught and relocated, it is illegal to catch and release rodents. Also, rats that are released into the wild don’t have a high chance of survival anyway.
We never recommend using poison. Not only is it dangerous, but it’s also ineffective. Rats are cautious animals with new objects in their environment. They may not even attempt to eat it, and if they do, they’ll most likely find an obscure place to die, causing a terrible odor, adding to your list of problems.
8 Ways to Lessen Rat Attractions
To keep rats from being attracted to your home, take the following actions:
- Store easily accessible food in tightly sealed containers
- Take out the trash frequently and use garbage cans with tight-fitting lids
- Wash dishes after use, doing your best not to leave them dirty in the sink
- Sweep floors, wipe down counters and appliances
- Put food away when your pets are not feeding
- Clean up any fallen fruit, nuts, berries, etc. in your yard
- Trim back tree limbs and shrubs
- Pick up any debris or woodpiles around your property
Guaranteed Rat Results
Here at Critter Control® of Orlando, we aren’t just confident that we’ll be able to fix your nuisance rat problems — we guarantee it. That’s why we offer a three-year guarantee on any work we do. If you find yourself with a similar rat problem within three years of a Critter Control® of Orlando rat removal service, we’ll correct it at no cost to you. We will also repair any damage caused by the repeat incident for free. There’s a reason we’ve been given an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau, so don’t hesitate to take advantage of our unparalleled animal control services.
If you believe you have a rat infestation, call the experts at Critter Control® of Orlando today. We utilize a 4-step process to remove the rats, which include inspecting, removing, repairing, and excluding.