Ants are pesky, little insects that are adept at finding their way inside of residential Central Florida homes in search of food and moisture. While most ant species are non-threatening pests, some can bite and cause property destruction. If ants are infesting your home, then you may be considering investing in store-bought sprays or traps to eliminate them. However, do ant traps actually remove ants?
How Ant Traps Work
Common ant traps combine appetizing ant foods with slow acting insecticides. The goal of this form of ant removal is for the ants to carry the poisonous bait back to their colony and infect the rest of the ants. However, some sugar-based baits and fat-based baits work better with different ant species. Therefore, in order for ant traps to be effective, you must first identify your invasive ant species.
Furthermore, ant traps must be placed in areas where the ants are living—which is usually near sinks or pet water bowls. Placing poisonous baits where pets or humans can come in contact with them can be a potential health risk.
The Pros of Ant Traps
- Ant traps are effective in eliminating small ant problems. If you don’t have a full blown ant infestation on your hands, then an ant trap should do the trick.
- Ant traps are easy to use. You do not need to follow a long instruction manual for setting up.
- Ant traps are readily available in most stores. However, buying multiple ant traps can add up.
The Cons of Ant Traps
- Ant traps are a slower ant control method. If you’re looking for a quick fix, ant traps take longer to show results.
- Ant traps are often ineffective. The effectiveness of ant traps is not 100%. Plus, the ants may realize the trap is poisonous and avoid the sugar or fat base.
- Ant traps cannot treat large problems or infestations. You will need to contact professional ant removal experts if your ant problem grows out of control.
The Best Ant Removal Services in Orlando
If your property in the Orlando area has been infested by nuisance ants, rely on the professional ant removal experts at Critter Control® of Orlando. Whether you have an existing pest problem or want to prevent one from ever starting, you can count on us for safe and effective services.
To schedule an inspection for your Central Florida home or business and receive a free ant removal estimate, call us at 407-295-7194 today.